(1926 - 2004)
Gianfranco Frattini graduated with a degree in architecture from the Politecnico di Milano in 1953. He opened his own professional practice in Milan, after having worked in the office of his teacher and mentor Giò Ponti. His collaboration with the Cassina company started in 1954, followed by collaborations with manufacturers, such as Bernini, Arteluce, Knoll and others. In 1956 he co-founded Associazione per il Disegno Industriale and throughout his career he practiced both industrial design and architecture, focusing mostly on interiors.