Schwintzer & Gräff silver-plated chandelier

Chandeliers & Pendants
,
Germany
,
1920s

A large and very rare silver-plated metal chandelier from the 1920s, by Max Krüger or Franz Haegele for Schwintzer & Gräff, Berlin. The chandelier has 17 lights; nine in the pleated cone shaped elements and eight on the three plateaus.

Franz Haegele (1886 - 1969) was a German architect, metalworker and designer. He worked for the lighting company Schwintzer & Gräff from 1915 to 1930. At the company, founded in 1864 by Wilhelm Gräff and Karl Schwintzer, he became the artistic director and responsible for introducing a contemporary style to the lighting designs. After this, he became the artistic director at Spinn Beleuchtungskörper in Berlin. Max Krüger was a German designer for worked for, amongst others, Schwintzer & Gräff.

  • 6358
  • Price on request
  • 40.9 In / 104.0 cm
  • 23.6 In / 60.0 cm

For nearly two decades, the collection of Bloomberry has been driven by the cultural reference between architecture, art and design.

The quality of our collection is reflected in the sophistication of craftsmanship and the character of the scars of time. Our restoration workshops are built around the same principal and work to the highest degree of craftsmanship.

Bloomberry is housed in a former textile factory and is located near Maastricht, in the south of The Netherlands. Within an hour of Antwerp and Cologne. Within two hours from Amsterdam and four hours from Paris.

Bloomberry offers worldwide shipping.