Glass, Henry P.
(1911 - 2003)
Henry (Heintz) Peter Glass was an Austrian-American architect and designer. Glass was born in Vienna, where he studied architecture from 1929 to 1936. Due to his Jewish background, he had to leave Austria and went to New York in 1939. In 1942 he moved to Chicago, where he started his design firm, Henry P. Glass Associates. The School of the Art Institute of Chicago opened an industrial design department in 1946. Glass was a professor here for more than twenty years.