A large and very rare silver-plated metal chandelier from the 1920s, by Max Krüger or Franz Haegele for Schwintzer & Gräff, Berlin. The chandelier has 17 lights; nine in the pleated cone shaped elements and eight on the three plateaus.
Franz Haegele (1886 - 1969) was a German architect, metalworker and designer. He worked for the lighting company Schwintzer & Gräff from 1915 to 1930. At the company, founded in 1864 by Wilhelm Gräff and Karl Schwintzer, he became the artistic director and responsible for introducing a contemporary style to the lighting designs. After this, he became the artistic director at Spinn Beleuchtungskörper in Berlin. Max Krüger was a German designer for worked for, amongst others, Schwintzer & Gräff.
- Price on request
- 40.9 In / 104.0 cm
- 23.6 In / 60.0 cm